Mold and mildew build up especially in places like bathrooms, laundry areas and basements. Here are some mold preventing tips that will help keep your home safe and clean:
- Repair any plumbing leaks.
- Put an exhaust fanin the bathroom.
- Clean garbage cans weekly.
- Remove bathroom carpeting if moisture is a concern.
- Scour sinks and tubs at least once monthly with a diluted bleach solution.
- Clean refrigerator door gaskets and drip pans.
- Use an electric dehumidifier; drain the dehumidifier regularly.
- Raise the temperature in the basementto lower humidity levels.
- Promote ground water drainage away from your house.
SERVPRO of Desoto, Tate, & Tunica Counties has water damage and restoration specialists who also help to restore structures with damage caused by fire and other disasters. Call us today at 662-349-6500. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.